One key goal of the NuME project is increasing the participation of women in project activities and identifying ways to ensure that they benefit substantively from QPM technologies.
NuME will proactively seek to attain gender balance in all QPM dissemination activities by:
- Designing and employing gender-sensitive information, education and communications strategies.
- Strengthening the capacity of the existing extension system to reach women.
- Identifying ways in which women farmers can directly benefit from adoption of QPM (for example, in the raising of poultry).
- Seeking to ensure that all household members participate in nutrition education activities.
- Strengthening women, youth and children’s bureaus and other stakeholders’ efforts to challenge intra-household power imbalance.